Friday, October 15, 2010

Fall Is Here

School:
I'm about 4 weeks into school. It's a lot of work. I haven't been as motivated and on top of things as I had hoped I would be. However, I do love the things that I'm learning because we talk about kids ALL day. Parts of it are overwhelming and terrify me, but most of it just makes me so excited to be a teacher. My favorite part is observing. I would hardly call it an assignment, but I have been able to actually go into classrooms to observe. I have been in 3rd grade so far, and love it. If I could get paid to just walk around schools/classrooms, help out, and just observe...I would love life. I am so fascinated with being inside elementary schools, especially here because in California most schools are out door schools. I have never experienced being inside a school that's all inside, with lockers and such. I always thought that was just on TV. It's awesome! (I'm a nerd, I know).

House:
Ohhh it's all so frustrating. We have almost given up. I updated our house blog if you care to read it.


$:
I am grateful that we pay our tithing. We have had a few things come up recently that feels like it will cut us down to the wire ~ehem~ like my car...But we have been blessed with everything that we have. I guess I can say that I have been waiting for these random expenses to come up because things have seemed too good to be true. I opened up my own account just today for my tip money. So it will be nice to have that in case I need to go home or something...or if we have an emergency.

Entertainment:
I never really felt like a couch potato until lately. All I ever want to do outside of school and work is lay on the couch and watch tv. (I'm not depressed). DVR has enveloped my life. I record 2 episodes of "Boy Meets World" M-F 4,4:30am, so I love to watch those. I record Ellen Degeneres M-F and watch those when I have time. Of course this is all when school's in session, but I also record "Dancing with the Stars", "Teen Mom", and "The Office". Luckily, but sadly "Teen Mom" just had its finale. I have become hooked to that show, haha. Anyway, it's not like I have all the time in the world to watch all this stuff. I have been pretty busy. I just need to replace some of that time with better stuff like reading and exercise.

I love fall. I love the colors, and when the weather becomes crisp. I love the fall clothing. I am just ready to go crunch some leaves.
This blog has totally become a vent session I guess. That's all for now though.

4 comments:

Jodie said...

Good luck with school. What school are you going to? I work at an elementary school (in the autism preschool)-lots of fun.

erin said...

i totally thought indoor schools were just on TV too until i moved to idaho and some them. that, and school buses. i always thought those were fake.

The Stewart Stuff said...

You had your mom anmd I laughing as we read this. We love you and miss you! Enjoy all of your shows. 'Boy Meets World'! How funny is that!?!

Mandi, Kenny & Jake said...

I'm soo soo soo jealous that you get to have a fall. I love the leaves and the clothing too. I hope the house thing works out. And I know what you mean about expenses. You sound really happy, and we miss you guys!