Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010 in Cal-if-for-ni-a

Lane and I drove down to Rocklin, CA on Wednesday to see my family (took 15 hours going about 10 under on icy roads 3/4 of the way there). Britt and her boyfriend Mike were able to come! My mom's sister Kandy & Terry, their daughter Becky & Brad and their new baby girl, Libby, as well as my mom's brother Randy & Cheryl were all able to come as well! Full house! Thanksgiving day was very relaxing. We just lounged around all day, played some Minute to Win it games, ate our delicious meal that my mom did a WONDERFUL job on! Alona (my mom's best friend) and her boys came over for some dessert and we played a game of Catch Phrase. It was so nice to just hang out with the fam!

On Friday we headed to San Francisco for some fun. We walked around Pier 39, stopped for some Clam Chowder on the pier, rode the cable car up to Union Square to look around at some shops and the crazies, rode the cable car back down to Fisherman's Wharf and walked around Ghirardelli Square, ate at a pizza place and headed home!

Saturday Lane and I did some shopping at the Folsom Outlets, I had my IN'N'OUT with my brosephs, we all went to see the new Harry Potter, and then we went to the Kings/Bulls game! We were able to meet up with our friends/Lane's old roommate Doug & Cate.
 And Sunday we just left super early and got home super late. I hopped right back into school. ugh.
It was a wonderful break, and a quick jump back in to reality. I have been so stressed with school and have had no time to work on the house. Good news is, school ends in a week and one day! I can't believe it! The end is only slightly in sight because of how much work I have to do, but I can't wait to move on!
I have been dying to decorate for Christmas! There's not really any point in getting out all my decorations since I will just have to pack them up and move them in a couple weeks. So that's my incentive to finish the house...or one of them at least! haha

1 comment:

Becky Macbeth said...

It was so fun to hang out with you guys! We love you!