Sunday, February 13, 2011

Homesick

I am homesick. And you may think "That's silly, you are at home." Well if you're my Mitchell family, or from California, you will know what I mean. I miss my family in California. I need a break from this little town they call Wenatchee. It's not the people, it's just the lack of Mom, Dad, Brittani, Trevor, Devin, Paco, Boodah, Rocklin, In'n'out, warm weather, etc. It's only been 3 months since I've seen all of these, however 3 months is like 3 years in this little emotional mind of mine (I would die if it really was 3 years)!


Valentine's Day is tomorrow. I guess I don't really get all hyped up over it. I mean, I got engaged Valentine's Day 2008, and the 2009/2010 with Lane were pleasant/romantic, but all I'm thinking is that I get to sit in class for 9 hours tomorrow. ~woot~ Hopefully Lane doesn't think he's getting any kind of surprise from me because I'm planning on just picking up some burgers and watching a movie or something when I get home from school! Maybe someday I'll be romantic! (I sound like an old fart that's been married for 30 years.) I suppose if anything exciting happens tomorrow I'll write about it!


Isn't this cute?
 Lane's not a fan of animals. I grew up having cats and dogs. I'm not obsessed with them but I do love having them around, especially when I'm by myself and need company. When Lane and I were dating, I was aware of his disliking of animals, but I do remember him saying "maybe someday." I wouldn't make that up because that was momentous. I should have documented it because basically the day we got married he claimed he never ever said that. Welllllll, he made a comment today out of the blue about how he thought Huskies were good looking dogs....I know, I know....crazy. And the comment didn't stop there. He kept talking about them, and even started looking up how much they cost in general, pictures, and videos of them online! Now, I know this doesn't mean anything but I am documenting it because I definitely approve of a Husky and this is one giant step towards...something!


That's all!

Photobucket

7 comments:

The Stewart Stuff said...

I've been married and away from home for 16 yrs....and I'm still homesick. Honestly, I understand exactly what you are saying.

Huskies are adorable. Summer wants one really badly, too. :0)

Lee&Michelle said...

Soooooooo cute!!! I want a huskie they're soooo fluffy!!!! And I could enter it into the dog sled race that Ashton has every year here! haha I just don't want to have something else that i have to clean up it's poop and feed! lol

erin said...

i think you're getting a huskie for valentine's day! :)

Jodie said...

I get homesick and miss CA too. All the good food there and of course family. I have only been back to CA 3 times since we moved here almost 6 years ago-so sad! But now I have to split my time between TX and CA.

Jodie said...

Oh Yeah, I love animals. I hope you get a husky-they are beautiful.

Jannica Larson said...

I don't think I'm getting a husky for Valentine's Day :) That would be the biggest suprise ever with how he was talking about them haha

Eric and Tammy Mitchell said...

I am homesick too Jannica. My two favorite daughters both live to far away and Southern Ca will always be my home. And I miss my Mommy and Daddy and my Jannica and Brittani. and now I'm crying! how's that?