Thursday, March 10, 2011

Teachers

Between school, recent experiences, and watching the film "Waiting For Superman," I have a lot of thoughts about being teacher. I have always wanted to be a teacher--ever since I was a kiddo playing school with my siblings or stuffed animals, fighting over being the teacher. I started this elementary education program and had some doubts about myself. I still have doubts sometimes because of my shyness and comfort zone. However, I know that I can be a great teacher. I LOVE children. I love being around them, I love watching them learn and grow, I love hearing what they have to say, I love hearing their life stories, I love watching them interact, I love helping them understand things, I love watching them help each other and build relationships. I don't know how a parent could not love their child and want what's best for them and for them to get a good education. It kills me to see kids fail and lose hope for themselves. I hurt for those who don't have the support, confidence, and hope that they can fulfill their dreams. Every child is capable of success, no matter how big or small. I cannot wait to have my own students, let alone my own children. I would like to thank those teachers who actually care about and love their students. I appreciate them and I love learning from them. I hope to soon be one that people appreciate. Good teachers love, care about, pray for, cry for, lose sleep over, plan for, spend endless hours for, doing everything they can for their students. I feel I am heading in that direction.
Photobucket

3 comments:

The Matlocks said...

You'll be a great teacher!!! Tyler is in his 3rd year teaching high school and is starting grad school in April for Education Admin. I know from looking at him, that there are two different kinds of teachers. Ones who care and ones who don't!!! You'll be great ;)

The Stewart Stuff said...

You will be amazing. I know how much my kids adore you and I wish I could have you as their teacher!

Lee&Michelle said...

You will be the best teacher EVER! No joke!