My family was able to come up to visit us in lil ol' Wenatchee. I literally paced around my house, and stared out the window, timing exactly when they would get here. When they did the weather was PERFECT. After the grand tour of our house, and some relax time we went to Cashmere to do some bowling and pizza at Brian's. My family seemed to enjoy the small town place that we basically had all to ourselves. Then we played some Just Dance2 on the Wii which was quite entertaining!
Saturday we had some more of the perfect weather. We grilled up some brats, hot dogs, and shrimp and had a nice lunch in the sun out on our deck. My mom took me shopping for some plants to add some color to the front of our house. She bought me these beauties:
After lunch and lounging we headed to Leavenworth to walk around. Lane got a speeding ticket on the way there...he never speeds so that sucked. He just forgot to click off of cruise control when the speed limit changed. Leavenworth wasn't too exciting but we got some yummy fudge! Then we decided to eat some more food at Cashmere's Country Boys (the most delicious bbq ever)! We dyed some eggs with some jokes and giggles like usual, then we danced off some calories again with some more wii and ended the night with a movie.
Easter Sunday was a nice, pleasant day. We just relaxed in the morning, ate some cinnamon rolls, found our baskets, and then went to church. We hosted dinner at our house just like Christmas so we had about 30 people in our home for a scrumptious ham dinner. I dreaded my family leaving so I tried to push the night as long as it could go, but of course it had to come to an end. I am so happy they all were able to come though! I had such a great weekend, hopefully it was worth all the travelling for them!
Tobie missed Trevor so much! He was beyond thrilled that he was coming. He had been talking about it for months and he spent every second he could with Trevor while he was here. He didn't understand that Trevor wasn't staying to live with us again until the night before when he had to go home. He bawled his eyes out. It was so sad to watch but so cute to watch them together. Hopefully he'll get to see him again sometime soon!

2 comments:
Looks like you had a great time. I know the feeling...I tried to keep my family here as long as possible, too. I hate living so far away from 'home'. :0)
It's nice your family was able to come here, especially with the nice weather we had for those couple of days. Leavenworth is never very exciting. I always think there is more to do there than there actually is.
Post a Comment