I experienced my first red eye flight to the east coast. I wasn't a fan ... but it was worth it! We had such a great trip visiting our friends and touring DC and Virginia. I didn't feel like we were doing very much while we were there, until I looked through our pictures, and then I realized we did so much in that short 5 days! The first day while Brady was at work, Leah took us on a tour of the monuments and memorials:
The White House
Washington Monument
WWII Memorial
MLK Jr Memorial
Jefferson Memorial
Korean War Memorial
Lincoln Memorial
This was my favorite! I don't know why but I was so excited to actually see this one in person.
We got to experience the Metro plenty. I know you're just supposed to look at the map and the different colored lines, but I think I would need more than a week to figure that out. It's too hectic, confusing, and rude for me. I'll stick with driving my car down a couple one-ways here in the valley!
Library of Congress
Lane planned out all our meals; mostly by researching the best restaurants from Diners Drive-Ins and Dives. The first stop on his list was Ben's Chili Bowl. I'll tell you what - there was a reason Guy Fieri decided to film there! ~SO delicious~ Great service, spectacular food, decent pricing, and famous (byPresident Obama, Bill Cosby, Chris Rock, and others).
The second day we spent more time touring different lines of the Metro rather than touring the city (we took some wrong trains). Our first destination was China Town. It was pretty pathetic. These pictures were about it for the town. We ate at a restaurant there; which was okay.
We stopped at the Natural History Museum. It wasn't very exciting, but Leo was pretty cute with the huge elephant at the entrance! He had gone to the zoo prior to our visit and when they went over to the elephants, the elephants were "hiding in the rocks." Well he obviously hadn't gotten over the fact that they were hiding, so the whole time we were there he walked around saying. "ele-fents..hidingin..therocks." Pretty stinkin' cute, that kid is.
After taking a break and playing with those cute kids (Leo and May) in the park...
...we walked around Georgetown (the college town) to find the next restaurant on Lane's list, Good Stuff Eatery. We did a lot of walking for this one, but again, it was worth it! We had some amazing burgers! Plus, we got to see so many "out-of-a-movie" cute homes like these:
Next time we go there I would like to visit the Holocaust Museum. We would have gone but we wanted to actually spend time with Brady, Leah and the kids and it just wasn't realistic to bring the kids in; but, there's another excuse to go visit them again!

1 comment:
we had soooo much fun. and leo STILL talks about the elephant hiding behind the rocks... haha.
Post a Comment