I'm switchin' it up with my belly updates. This may get boring but I think that it's starting to get a little repetitive (and I was off with my fruit/veggie size and so he is presently the size of an eggplant...according to the experts on the Internet).
We had an appointment today which included an ultrasound to check up on our lil' monkey, my glucose screening, and a checkup on mama. So far, all good news (haven't received results for my glucose screening yet).
I had many women tell me how terrible the glucose screening was so I was expecting to have to attempt to gag down a mega-syrupy-sugary-flat-orange soda solution, as well as hold it down for an hour, only to get a lot of blood drawn and leave me light-headed. Well, it wasn't a pleasant taste by any means, but it wasn't the worst thing in the world, and they only drew two viles of blood. Needless to say, I survived.
The cyst they found on his brain is completely gone! We hadn't stressed about it so much since the last time we met with our doctor, but we are so relieved to hear the news. Thank you for every one's thoughts and prayers. Our perfect little man is measuring perfectly, has a perfect heartbeat, and is a perfect little kicker. Unfortunately the radiologist spent the time just scanning his head and didn't get any profile shots, so we don't have any new pictures of him. We got to see his little face peeking through at one point, with his precious little hands crossed up by his chin...made my heart melt.
This is the position he is in as of lately. I have a ligament that stretches vertically alongside my bellybutton and he likes to push his little bum against it ~not so comfy~. His feet and legs go crazy mostly on my right side, sometimes making me twitch. He must be running out of room already because he seems to stretch out a lot, gradually working his way into his jungle-gym that I call my ribs.
As far as how I'm feeling: I still have consistent acid reflux that is only tamed by Ranitidine. It doesn't matter what I have before bed (yogurt, a burger, pizza, soda, water, or nothing), or when I have it, I wake up with what feels like someone burning an acid down my throat and throughout my whole core. My sciatica has temporarily subsided for the most part (I still have my days) but my back is always uncomfortable. I am already SO uncomfortable, and I know ya'll say "Oh, just wait!" but you ask- I tell. I'm aware it will get worse, but I can still be uncomfortable. I'm officially making my way up the scale too. Doctor says my weight gain is right on track, but I am watching the fat gradually build up and it's an odd thing for me. I am losing the tone in my arms and legs and I'm not the healthiest of eaters, so I might need to do something about that. I'm good at pointing out the things I need to do, but not so good at doing them ~imagine that!~
Anyway, my updates probably won't all be this long, but Kobe is doing well, and so far, so is his mom. I can't believe we're into our "every 2 weeks" appointments, and I only have 12 weeks until my due date! I'm sure I'll have some moments where I don't feel ready (especially because we have nothing physically ready for him yet), but at this point, we're mentally and emotionally ready for him to be here in our arms...I'd prefer his cute little self to be the one waking me up at night rather than my not-so-cute self.


2 comments:
I am just soooooooooooo excited!!!!!
I can't wait to meet my lil Kobe Wobe
Hahaha I was just saying the same thing to someone about being uncomfortable. I am extremely uncomfortable and all people can say is oh just wait. I'm so glad Kobe and mommy are healthy! Love you and can't wait to meet the little guy!
Post a Comment