Friday, February 22, 2013

Week 32

(I decided to get dressed up for my 32 week picture...in my comfy clothes)
This is the point where each week I'm going to look bigger, more swollen, have more of a hunchback, waddle more, etc. I'm hitting all the pregnancy symptoms, I think! I've started to get Braxton Hicks. It'd be nice if that's all you felt for contractions. (HA!) It amazes me that roughly 4lbs can feel so heavy (makes me nervous for how big he gets before he makes his worldly debut). I know he is running out of room in there- I can feel him taking full advantage of the little space he has left. As uncomfortable as it's getting though, it's getting kind of fun playing the game, "Name that Body Part" as he pokes, jabs, punches, kicks, rubs, stretches, scratches, and whatever else he does in my tummy. Feeling his little body parts makes me so excited to hold him outside of my tummy. He's about in this position, among a ton of other weird positions.
 
I'm just so curious about what he looks like! I have looked at mine and Lane's baby pictures but I still just have no idea what to expect. Here's a couple I have on hand - I'll have to bust out more later.
Well everything is still measuring right and little mister is healthy. After a month of my twice-a-day iron, it hasn't improved much. I don't know what the numbers mean but I was a 9.2 and after a month went up to a 9.8... I'm supposed to be at a 12. My doctor wants to have me take them 3 times a day but he doesn't think my body will absorb that much and it will only lead to severe constipation. So, that's that. Hopefully it will continue to get better by D-day.
 
I am planning on taking some maternity photos; which I need to do soon because I'm not feeling any cuter as the days tick by. I just need to decide on outfits, poses and places. I don't have much else to add for week 32. Lane's Gran always asks how I'm feeling and then assumes, "swell?" That pretty much sums it up!
 
(I saw this online and it made me giggle. I bet Kobe does this...taking after both his mom and dad. It's cool, I'm not afraid to admit it. It's when people eat them that I draw the line.)
 
 

1 comment:

Kelly and Tyler said...

I dropped to a 6.9 iron. They considered doing an IV iron transfer but usually your body rejects it when you are pregnant. I was at the point where walking up the stairs in our town home almost made me pass out. Be careful if you get light headed, I didn't take any iron pills because my doc said I would have to be on the for like 5 months to have it make a difference and I only had like 6 weeks left or something... plus he said i'd be constipated and I didn't want that. As soon as William was born though it shot back up to a 10 and I felt SO much better!