Wednesday, July 10, 2013

3 Months of Kobeman

There is just so much to say about this little man. I am definitely one of those moms that could go on for days about his cuteness alone. I probably post way too many pictures of him, but I don't believe there's such a thing. I still can't get over how easy and mild this baby is; it's unreal. His smile kills me! He cracks me up sometimes when I'm feeding him and not watching him, I'll feel him stop so I'll look down and he's just staring up at me, smiles, and then gets back to business. I love that I can feel his love for me when he stares and smiles at me. I don't want him to ever grow out of that! He's SO smiley! He's starting to laugh and I have to remind myself that he's not a squeeze toy because I just want to squeeze him every time. I have to remind myself that he's not food ~cute food?~ because I always want to bite his cheeks. I'm pretty sure if the number of kisses have been counted that I alone have given him...um, a calculator would have lost track.
Aside from smiling all the time, Kobe is talking a lot...full sentences. Oh wait. He babbles, oohs, ohs, ows, and has started this silly cough when he gets excited (and sometimes when he's tired/hungry). He loves being naked, or even just in his diaper. He gets so excited and kicks his legs like a madman. He wants things in his mouth. He is starting to grab things, mostly with his thumbs and index fingers. He can kind of get things to his mouth but it's a work in progress. He's good at getting cloth in his mouth but the harder objects are a little more difficult. He's super slobbery. He's starting to give kisses (open-mouthed and slobbery, of course). He sleeps like a champ. We've been starting his bedtime routine: feed on one boob, bath time, feed on the other boob, and he's out...usually around 9pm and he'll sleep until about 5am. I know, how the heck did we get so lucky?! This is all until we start bragging about him and then he'll throw me a curve ball and wake up at like 3am. I just started going back to work; nights and weekends. I haven't been able to pump a lot so I bought some formula to supplement a little. He hates it! So far it has screwed him up on the bottle. Yesterday was my first shift back, and he cried the whole time and wouldn't take the bottle of just breast milk. So frustrating. I guess he'll just have to cry it out until he's starving enough to take a bottle. Somehow I'll pump enough too, I guess.
Kobe got to travel to California...via car. It was a last minute trip. I brought my good friend, Sunnie for sanity (and because I like her). She was awesome, because the 13 hours it takes without a baby took us almost 18 hours, and he screamed the last 6 of those. And she still wanted to hold him. We had a nice, relaxing time. I didn't plan anything. We just hung out in the pool, ate a lot of crap, sat around, and did some shopping. My parents sold there house (they've lived in since 2001), so I had to say goodbye to the house. Mostly just weird.
Lane played in Spokane Hoopfest with his tournament buddies. He's been playing in 3on3 tournaments all over Washington with these guys for a while and they usually place 1st or 2nd. They got 2nd in their division! That's pretty impressive. Hoopfest is a huge event: over 7,000 teams, 456 courts spanning 42 downtown city blocks. It's pretty crazy! We planned for 100degree weather and got poured on the first day, and hit 90s the second day. They played eight games, and won six of those! Good job boys!
Curt and Laurel (Lane's uncle/aunt) built a home up in Lake Roosevelt and invited us up for 4th of July weekend. We had some fun out in the sun, on the boat and wave runners. Kobe hated his life jacket but once the boat was going, he loved sitting there with the wind blowing on his face. Such a weird baby.
So June and July have been some busy travelling months. We have another trip planned with Lane's family at the end of July when Erin and Russell come up for a visit!
 
Oh yes, and I turned 25.

1 comment:

The Risdons said...

You can never post too many pics! It will go sooo fast so document everything:)