We have the happiest baby on planet Earth. It's true. And on top of that, the cutest. Where the heck did he even come from?! I can't believe it's been 6 months since this sweet boy came into our lives. He's growing up too fast. He weighs 18lbs 4oz and is 27.25" long, which is apparently average. He is getting so chunky and I am obsessed with every single one of those rolls!
Kobe has found his tongue and it is stinkin' adorable. He just started sticking it out one day and hasn't stopped. He is learning to imitate too--so far with the tongue, the sound "bah", and putting your hand up like a high-five. I can't wait to hear his vocabulary develop and watch what he learns these next couple months.
So the other day I sent this picture of Kobe to my friend Laurel and a half hour later received this picture of her with the caption, "Just as cute." I just about died laughing! It kind of reminded me of something my dad would do and I imagine her thought being, "Oh, Ranzy has a onesie, I need to put it on and reenact this. It will be hilarious!" Yes, yes it was.
Laurel and Ranzy have been my babysitters lately when Lane is either out of town or won't make it home in time for me to go to work. The other night I came home and the lights were all on upstairs, TV on loud, and Laurel's phone on the counter. Kobe was not in his bed. I knew they were being dorks and hiding somewhere so I just changed and took my time. Then I finally went downstairs and the three of them were hiding behind the guest bed with the lights off. I said, "Why isn't Kobe in his bed?" and they started laughing and said, "He's not tired." Enough said. :) This is also what they did while I was at work.
Kobe is quite the wiggler. He officially needs to be strapped in.
Ranzy likes to try his Jordans on him that she and Jacqueline bought for him before he was born. They're supposed to fit when he's like 1 and a half.
He's a very independent little man.
Loves giving some wet kisses. Loves his Granny Ella!
Ranzy and Laurel make our trips to the store entertaining. Kobe was fascinated with this balloon Ranzy strapped to the cart.
My parents had this huge jack-o-lantern that is so so bright when we were growing up! My dad would put it up every year, basically for the whole month of October. The thing was, it would hang in one of the kids' windows and light up our whole room. We would get so annoyed! When it came time for us all to move out, I think we all secretly wanted the thing. Kobe and Reagan received their very own from Oma and Epop!
I just love how chubby Kobe looks in this picture, because Tate is usually the one that looks chubby.
Kobe has been playing by himself on the floor for like 30-45min at a time, just talking and rolling and grabbing. He has fallen asleep like this a couple times and it just makes me melt.
Look. at. that. face.
Kobe sure loves his mama, but OH MY, he is obsessed with his daddy! Example scenario: the other morning Kobe and I were just laying in bed, snuggling and playing. Lane came home from a meeting. Our bedroom door was shut but Kobe heard the front door shut. He stiffened his little body and stared at our bedroom door, waiting for Lane to come in and then he started doing his excited puppy drill. He starts to wiggle and pant and smile. GAH! That is the best. He does that in the morning too when you get him out of his crib.
I'm seriously obsessed. He is beyond cute.
So in April or May I heard Maroon 5 was coming to the Gorge (about an hour away from Wenatchee) and I really wanted to go but I was nervous at the time to leave Kobe. In June, Lane said I could go for my birthday and I was so excited! I got Sunnie on board to go, and my friends Ranzy, Jacqueline, Laurel and Angelica all got tickets and we talked about it all the time! Finally the day came and Ranzy had everyone over to get ready and hang out before the concert. The weather was a little crappy so we brought a bunch of blankets and layers. Kelly Clarkson was opening up for them. Concert was supposed to start at 7. 8:30, no Kelly yet. Windy. Starts to drizzle (barely). We buy some overpriced food. Eat. Wait. Get up to go to the bathroom and it starts to sprinkle a little harder. As we're walking back we start saying, "I'd be so pissed if they cancelled." People are walking towards the exit with their belongings. We're thinking, "no way!" So we start walking faster back to our spot and, with no official announcement, hear that it was being cancelled! We start walking out, still questioning whether or not they were actually cancelling. We got to our cars; super disappointed. We sat in dead stop traffic trying to get out for almost 2 hours. Actually, the only reason we got out when we did was because my good friend, Ranzy was a little on the drunk side and got out of the car, and started setting screens for us. One car actually bumped into her (haha!) and she got some not-so-nice things shouted at her. Anyway, I am still really disappointed and am hesitant to ever spend money on a concert again. I got my money back at least.
Kobe isn't the only baby that is getting cuter every day apparently. Look at Reagan. I can't wait to see her in a couple weeks!! Cutest cousins alive.
Lane's grandpa has been in the hospital for a couple weeks. He just has been wanting to sleep all day, has no energy, hard to breathe, hard so see or hear. He asked to be taken to the hospital. It was sad to watch this sweet man giving up. He has been doing some rehab physical therapy and is looking a lot better now though. I love watching him. He is quiet and when he does talk he loves talking about sports, asking about his grand and great grand kids or telling stories. Lane definitely has a special bond with him. I don't have much to say but I like to sit and watch him. He reminds me of my grandpa. We took Kobe to see him a couple times. He likes to grab so he was trying to grab his tubes the whole time. These sure are some precious moments.
On a side note, 6 months ago I gave birth. When we were leaving the hospital the other day we were talking about how that day 6 months ago when we left the hospital, it was weird seeing that people were still going about their days while we were in the hospital-- as if we expected everyone to stop what they were doing when I had a baby. It was an odd feeling as we drove home with our little one. It's been bliss ever since. I can't imagine our lives without him.






















4 comments:
Love all the pictures!
Jannica,
Without a doubt, you have the most interesting and informative blog I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing all that you do. I look forward to metting the little "Cabbie".
He is so precious! Cant wait to see you guys!
He is so precious! Cant wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment