Thursday, February 13, 2014

10 Months of Our Not-So-Baby Baby

This kid has changed so much in the last month. I say it all the time, but I can't believe how much they change in just a month, let alone a couple weeks--physically, mentally, emotionally. Now that he's repeating things and adding to his "vocabulary" I kind of expect him to repeat everything I do, but it's weird how just certain things spark his interest and then he's all of the sudden like, "Oh, I like that noise, I'm going to make it." 
He decided one day that he was going to pick his official 'first word': "Uh-Oh"...as he drops things. We must have been saying it when things were dropped because he picked up on it. He makes such a cute "oh" face when he says it. I love it! I don't put up with the dropping game though. 
Kobe likes to stand and walk now...as long as he's holding on to something or someone. He walks from one thing to the next. He is capable of pulling himself up and sitting down, but he lacks the confidence (which is fine with me for now). 
His hair is getting crazy long. He has a comb-over because there's not much we can do with it right now. I think it's about time for a little trim aka first haircut! eek!
Last week Lane and I bought him about 30 Hotwheels because they were on clearance at Walmart. It was one of the better purchases we have made. He LOVES playing with them. I seriously don't understand how boys develop the interest in cars and start making motor noises at such a young age. The other day I was playing with him and I had the police car and was doing a siren. He all the sudden was copying my siren saying, "wow-wow-wow". Whaaaaa??! This kid. He kills me. 
I just love him to pieces. He makes us smile.
He is also capable of getting on his knees and crawling but he prefers to army crawl; which takes longer. However, now that he can stand and hold onto things, he is starting to scale the wall and shuffle along anything he can get a grip on. 
He looks exactly like Lane here. I'm sad at how big he's getting!
Loves those cars.
Our Seahawks won the Superbowl!!! That was pretty dang exciting! I started becoming a fan when I started dating Lane, but I--like many other "12th men"-- have become a big fan this year. They did so well this season so each game week we usually had people over to watch and eat. Their last game when they won the NFC Championship almost felt like the Superbowl, so it was exciting enough that they went into the Superbowl, but that they dominated to the degree they did--whew! I am proud. SEA...
HAWKS!!!!

3 comments:

Lee&Michelle said...

aww he is just getting to big to fast! I love all his hair! too cute! He's a little smarty pants and so cute!

Eric and Tammy Mitchell said...

I miss you guys

Eric and Tammy Mitchell said...

I miss you guys