Lane's the main chef in our family, but I did pretty well at cooking up one cute kid so we're starting off 2015 with another in the oven. The timer should be going off about August 24th! That makes me about 9 weeks along.
I was given the OK to get pregnant from my surgeon. Didn't take long...just call me Fertile Myrtle. I knew right away that I was pregnant. I took a dollar store test to confirm. That was a week before Christmas and I thought that I'd be able to keep it a secret from Lane until Christmas and surprise him. I had it all planned out; I was going to wrap my test up and put it in his stocking along with a "Big Brother" shirt for Kobe in his stocking. He even asked me that day if I was pregnant yet, and if I had taken a test. I laughed and said I took a test but it was negative. I thought for sure he saw right through me because I laughed when I said it. I even said later that night that I started my period, also laughing then. I had gotten their gifts wrapped and ready for Christmas, but I was losing sleep already because I was so excited, so Saturday morning I set the gifts on the counter and said that they're early Christmas presents (I thought he had it figured out by then for sure). He opened the test and said, "Seriously?!" He had a huge grin on his face-- pretty excited! I'm glad I told him before Christmas though because we were able to announce it together and he looked forward to it. We wrapped my announcement in a box and had his parents open it in front of his family. I sent my announcement via text to my family. And the rest of Lane's family came over for Christmas dinner so we had Kobe wear his shirt until everyone noticed. So now it's out for the world to know! August feels like forever away. I remember with Kobe I had to write out dates to look forward to so it'd feel a little closer every time I'd cross something off. I already have my mental list going.
I tell ya what, this pregnancy is so different than when I was pregnant with Kobe (so far anyway). At 9 weeks with Kobe I had already been throwing up multiple times, every day and losing weight. I had little energy but with this one I have none. I have been a little nauseous here and there, had some cramping, but that's about it so far. I've definitely gained weight at this point. My body does remember what it's doing though. My hips hurt like mad, my boobs kill, and my belly swells up quite a bit already. I was really on top of it with blogging about my pregnancy with Kobe, and throughout his first year. I'm sorry to my dear second child ahead of time...I don't know that I'll be so on top of it. It's not because I don't love you as much, it's because your toddler brother creates more work for me this time around, plus I'm still working. I still take thousands of pictures though, so your cuteness will be just as much documented and exposed!
Kobe is just a little busy body, jabber jaw. I keep track of all the words he says and I usually add it to my blog, but at this point, he adds new words every day so the list would be a post in its own. Now I think I'll just quote him. Some of his favorite words are "trut" (truck), "kah-co" (motorcycle), cars, bye bye, Nana, "Pah-po" (Papa, Epop & Popo), Daddy, "Mah-ee" (lazy way of saying Mommy), Tate, "Caca" (Jannica...yes, he calls me that), "nigh nigh" (nigh-night/that's what he calls his blanky), "Nok" (milk), more, "peas" (please), "teh-tu" (thank you), "choo-train", "nah-ee" (candy), "dah-dah" (all done), "tet" (eat), "drint" (drink),"biper" (diaper), "brrr, cold." Those are all words I hear on a daily basis. It's so nice that he is getting better at communicating. We have run into a hitting problem, though. I'm quickly losing my patience with it. It's when he's playing, when he's frustrated, when he's snuggling, and it's always in the face. I'm hoping he grows out of this phase soon. He is still the sweetest little boy around. He loves his parents very much and loves to sit on our laps throughout the day. I hope that he can always feel the love we have for him, even with another baby around the house. I keep telling him there's a baby in my tummy and he points to his tummy and says, "bebe?" He'll be going through some big adjustments before this little one gets here: potty training, switching to a big boy bed, and moving to a new room...all the way downstairs! ~eek~
Anyway, we went to California for Thanksgiving. It was such a fun, much needed trip. I got to meet Britt's precious new baby, Blaine. We did a lot of fun stuff: Knott's Berry Farm, the beach, an awesome kid place called "We Play Loud," Chuck E Cheese's, lots of family time and lots of good eating. Lane and I were able to go to the big Seahawks game against the 49ers. That was so much fun! It's crazy how loud it is in that stadium and how everyone stands the.whole.time.We had a fun Ugly Christmas Sweater party again with some karaoke, yummy food and a white elephant gift exchange. We hosted Christmas dinner at our house (25 people). Kobe got a dune racer power wheel from Santa. He thinks it's pretty cool but is a little scared of it. He can't quite reach the pedal yet either, but I think once we can take it outside in the spring he'll have a lot of fun with it. He's mostly just into his cars, shoes, and books...rearranging things and making messes. He's usually pretty good about helping to clean up though. That's about it for now!
Kobe really liked "Tan-tuh" this year. He got excited anytime he saw him in the mall or on TV. He knew he said "ho ho ho." He was a little timid with him but he wasn't too shy and didn't cry.
Oh yes, yesterday was such an amazing game for the Seahawks. It was the NFC championship game against Green Bay, and Hawks seemed to have no chance up until the last like 4 minutes of the game. They had some incredible plays and tied the game in the last few seconds. They scored an amazing touchdown in OT for the win and now they're going to the Superbowl for the 2nd year in a row! Lane was about to change the channel because they were playing so poorly up until those last few minutes, but we watched that incredible turn around. I never thought I'd be so excited about football. When I met Lane, I knew nothing about the sport outside of playing some flag or touch football. I knew he was a huge Seahawks fan so I started asking questions and trying to understand the game and players on the team. I started becoming a Seahawks fan because of him. So my Californian friends and family may call me a traitor for rooting for the Hawks, but I was never into the 49ers or any California team because I wasn't into watching football. I'm not a complete bandwagon 12th man! I'm super proud now, though, that's for sure!














































No comments:
Post a Comment