It has been a long, cold, dark winter and I don't have much to show for those months other than hundreds of pictures of the kids. I definitely caught the winter blues this year and I've embraced the few sunny days we've had so far. I am looking forward to this spring and summer, especially because I won't be hugely pregnant!
Kobe
Kobe will be three years old next month. WHAT?! How have three years gone by?? Next is preschool, and then he's practically in college. Ugh. I'm not a fan of this whole 'it goes by too fast' thing. Kobe is at a very fun age though. Fun...and challenging. He talks and talks and talks and it's so fun to have conversations with him and hear his imagination come out through his words and actions. He did so well with Ella the first six months but he has hit a new level of jealousy (that's my only explanation for his behavior besides his age) that makes our days very difficult sometimes. He very intentionally goes out of his way to beat her up: kick, hit, push, pull, throw toys at, and drive his cars on her face. It brings my anger level from 0-pissed. We have had our disciplinary systems for him that have always been fairly effective, but I can't quite figure this out because he's always been so well behaved overall. Dang kid. It's a love-hate relationship between the two. I always feel so bad for Ella because she gets so excited to see him and then a minute later gets a truck chucked at her face and she gets a look on her face like, "WHY would you do that to me?!" ... and then a minute later she's giggling at him. Luckily for Kobe, she can't retaliate yet and she's quick to forgive. Oh the next 5 years should be fun! Kobe is very into dinosaurs, trucks, cars, trains, blocks, coloring, and watching shows. His favorites as of lately are Team Umizoomi, Blaze and the Monster Machines, Jurassic Park movies or anything dinosaurs, and his other favorite Disney movies like Cars and Toy Story. (We watch a lot of TV in our house). We've been working on ABCs and counting. He can do things in sets of threes I've discovered. He can finally count to 3 (usually), and he can sing a-b-c, and he does really well at repeating the rest. He knows his colors. He has no negative interest in using the potty. He has an incredible memory, unless it's you telling him to do something he doesn't want to do or to stop doing something-- then he has selective hearing. He likes to sing his own songs, play outside, take Daddy to bed, talk himself to sleep, and line things up or rearrange. Aside from his bullying his sister tactics and his selective hearing, he is a very sweet boy that loves to help people, play and snuggle.
Babylella
Ella is almost 7 months! I can't believe how much babies change in the first year. She got her two bottom teeth within a week of each other at about 6 months (evidence of the second child...I didn't document exactly). She's definitely more sensitive and dramatic than Kobe was with teething. Kobe's a sensitive boy but Ella shows the differences between boys and girls. Oh but she is such a happy and smiley baby! She smiles at everyone and she gets so excited. I love that about her. She may be more interested in what's going on around her and wanting to be on the move but she is so dang cute with how happy she is. She is a champion roller-over. She all but crawls. Kobe used to do the same- positioning themselves to where they want to go and roll. She wants to sit up but she hasn't figured out that she's capable. She is just so wiggly. She is also capable of holding her own bottle but her hands are constantly busy. She does pretty well with rice cereal but she's extra gaggy like her mom, so foods haven't progressed much yet. And she's figured out that she can spit her food out at me. So that's fun. At 6 months she was 15.5 lbs and 25.75" long. Kobe was 2 lbs heavier and 2 inches taller when he was her age. I just like to compare everything. I may not record everything down to the ounce or centimeter or time with the second child, but I take plenty of pictures and have a good idea of what happens when and where. I absolutely love these little humans of ours!
Valentine's Day card 2016
Snuggly boys
These girls have been our babysitters, helped with my back stuff and pregnancies, and genuinely good friends to our family the past few years. The last couple years Lane has made each of them birthday dinners, food of their choice. We reenact the first picture we took here each dinner and the party keeps growing with those kiddos.
Kobe does love babies. He loves baby Eli (Sunnie's new baby)
Ella love
These are some of our new friends, the Christensens that moved here in the fall. We enjoy getting together with them and doing family activities.
Kobe traced his dinosaurs' feet and kind of had me trace his hands, and said he colored it for Daddy. It hangs on our fridge.
Yoga partner
Accidental twinning on a Wednesday
I won four Mariners tickets in a raffle when a couple Mariners came to visit Wenatchee. We'll be doing that this summer, so that should be fun!
Laundry helper
Lots of meltdowns.
Nana was babysitting
Getting shots during naptime
When I get ready for work or other rare times I put on makeup, Kobe comes and sits by me and says, "I want some." I will draw limits at some point, hopefully before I find it stained on my sheets or wall.
He does love her, even if his bullying seems to prove otherwise.
Roly Poly
First walk of the "spring"
Smiley embracing sunshine
This was a skill I didn't realize he had developed. He is good with colors, but I didn't realize he could match them. He's gotten even better since this.
Like his uncle Trevor, Kobe has to load his hands and pockets with cars wherever we go, especially to church.
He loves to go wake up his sister. As soon as she makes a peep, he says, "Babylella all done sleepin'," and runs to her door.
Kobe just recently started coming upstairs by himself after sleeping. Usually he yells to us and we'll go get him, but lately he's been coming upstairs and saying, "I all done sleepin'." Saturday and Sunday morning snuggles with everyone in our bed have been a dream!
Kobe actually enjoys helping me with chores. We work on matching when putting dishes away, with silverware compartments and alike cups, and folding laundry with matching socks and stuff. He's getting smart!
Kobe's friend next door got him a huge cookie the other day from the bakery and was so excited to give it to him. Kobe was obviously pretty excited as well.

















































No comments:
Post a Comment