Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas 2008-New Year 2009

Before we went to Wenatchee, we had Lane's work Christmas party in Boise. It was an ugly sweater party, so this is why we are ridiculously dressed. Basically everyone was drunk, so I of course felt awkward. It was pretty entertaining though.We got to go see Faith do her "Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer" dance recital. She was adorable as usual...AND she was basically the only on who knew the dance. And we got to hear her sing it for the rest of the 3 weeks that we were in Wenatchee

Christmas morning we woke up at 7am and opened presents. Blake, Kim, Faith and Tobie came over to open more at 9. We went over to Curt and Laurel's for our Christmas lunch/dinner and hung out there playing games and stuff. It was a good Christmas day. I felt spoiled. Lane got me some clothes, a pair of shoes, a cd, a few movies, the 4 Twilight books, some belts. We got some games, a hymn book with our name on it, money, razors and such. I got Lane some new basketball shoes, some shirts, a shirt and tie, slippers, itunes card.

The rest of the time we were there we just hung out with everyone, shopped...Lane and I tried to go see one of his friend's bands play at a bar, however, I was too young and got carded right when we sat down. Soooo I got kicked out of a bar! haha. 6 months shy. We went sledding. We saw a couple movies and went bowling. New Year's Eve we Lane and I just went over to Blake and Kim's and played games until midnight. Kim's sister, Janet, was there. Faith made it til midnight. Then we went home basically right at 12. It was fun, nothing too eccentric. Our last night there, we went to the Wenatchee Wild, hockey game. That was a lot of fun. I enjoy going to sporting events, it's just different live. 2 fights broke out, which was pretty entertaining.

I am truly blessed to have such great in-laws. They have made me feel welcome from the first time I met them, and they have taken care of me and spoiled me and loved me ever since. Lane treats me so well, and I can see where he gets it. He is definitely his own person, but he shows a great example of compassion, kindness and affection towards me. I love my family. I was sad to not be with them for Christmas, but at least I was with people who love me. I am excited to start this new year and move forward. =========Happy New Year==========2009

3 comments:

erin said...

i love your ugly sweaters!

The Stewart Stuff said...

I don't like having to share you with Lane's family! :-P Just teasing! They are really cool! I'm glad you had such a great Christmas! Love you!

Jenna and Scott said...

k I LOVE THE MAIN PIC ON THIS PAGE!! it looks like you had fun! i miss you!!!