Wednesday, January 21, 2009

January--not much.

Our life isn't too exciting right now. Lane is trying to switch jobs right now. Selling insurance just isn't so easy with the economy and college students really--nobody wants to invest in anything. But he has a degree in finance and has good work experience so he's doing well in his interviews. I'm just working at Millhollow full-time. It's nice to get 50% off our meals and treats there.
Other than that we haven't really been doing anything. Lane has been doing a lot of house cleaning and laundry and been really sweet. Last Saturday I pulled a double shift (13 hours) and he stayed up til I got home. Not only did he stay up tho, he had a nice hot bubble bath with candles lit and gave me a nice massage. He's been cooking as well, which is normal but he has just been the most amazing husband ever. I love him so so so much!
Dusty has been hanging out with him while I work. And he hangs out with us, goes on dates with us....I'm cool with it. haha. Dusty is Lanes friend from high school, and he hung out with us when we were dating too. He's a good guy. The other night us 3 went to Big Jud's. It was my first time, and it was DELICIOUS. The burgers are a pound and have the huge bun, we all split it. Lane has eaten the whole thing and fries before. crazy.


Mandi and Kenny have also been coming over a lot to play Settlers of Catan, a game that we became obsessed with in the past few months. We got them hooked now. Mandi is my roommate from my first semester here...and Kenny is her husband. It's been fun just to hang out. We watch The Office. We watch a lot of MTV because it's entertaining.

Lane found this website on our friends' blog where you can upload a picture of him and me and it mutates them into what our baby will look like. He looks kind of silly, but maybe our kid will look something like this! haha. All of my friends are preggo or either trying and I'm a little jealous, but not enough. We're still waiting, even though we get a little baby-crazy sometimes. We had a good share of birth control for a while though after being around kids over the holidays.

Well that's pretty much it for now. I'll update again when we figure our what's going on with jobs and what not.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

that burger is huge...my guys would love it....your texas cousin

erin said...

haha i've seen that website before. well not seen it, but seen other peoples future babies. i think your kids will turn out cuter than that picture. and i'm also a little jealous of those trying or pregnant, but only a little. i really enjoy being able to go out alone whenever i want, and especially go out with james whenever we want. i also enjoy sleeping through the whole night and sleeping in in the morning. i also like fixing my own meals, bathing only myself, and dressing only myself. so with all those positives, i can wait a bit longer. at least another 6 months. :) anyway.....

The Stewart Stuff said...

Your baby will be so much cuter than that! Good for you...wait a while. Life will never be the same once you have kids (in a good way, but still).

That hamburger is huge! I cannot believe Lane ate one all by himself!

Jenna and Scott said...

I miss you so much!!! I have never been to big judds either! i can't wait to be back in the burg!haha your baby is hott!!hahahah and a bubble bath with candles....honk honk!!!

Jenna and Scott said...

I miss you so much!!! I have never been to big judds either! i can't wait to be back in the burg!haha your baby is hott!!hahahah and a bubble bath with candles....honk honk!!!

The Stewart Stuff said...

Tag! You're it! Head over to my blog to find out what I am talking about.