Halloween has come and gone...Lane was a Kung Fu master and I was a bumblebee. We didn't do anything exciting because all I did was work. Whooo!
Thanksgiving has come and gone as well. This year we spent it with Lane's family. We went to Curt and Laurel's (his uncle) house and had the, of course, delicious dinner. Then we spent the rest of the night playing our usual Settlers of Catan and Hand and Foot. It was a nice day/evening with family. We were also able to attend the temple (2 hours away) for Erin to recieve her endowment. It was so nice to be there with the family as well, we are very happy for her. Erin and Russell are being sealed this month on the 26th as well. :)
ME: I have been finishing my last class online through BYUI and finally finished! Which also means that I now have my ASSOCIATE'S DEGREE! Yay go me!! I would have had it sooner but I took basically a year off, so really all together I did it in about 2 years. My plan now is to finish my BA here at Wenatchee Valley College which has an elementary education program through Central Washington...so hopefully in another 2 years I will be teaching!!
LANE: He was working for Agrofresh (fruit testing with chemicals and stuff), but that eventually had to come to an end...so within a few days another job came up!! We are definitely blessed for him to have work right away. Now he is training for a company called JRCC, where they use equipment called Water Out, cleaning out after water damage (floods, fires, etc). He will be marketing himself in the Wenatchee area to insurance agencies and plummers and such, so he will basically always be on-call. He has already been extremely busy and it has only been a week! Perks are he will have a base salary plus commission, they compensate him for his expenses (so when he's out of town they pay for his hotel and food and gas), and he will be receiving a brand new truck and phone. Downside is that we don't get to see each other much. Which brings me to CHRISTMAS...I am going home to Cali; and he is not. I was planning on going before him and spending time with my family, and then he was going to come home a couple days before Christmas. But with this job, this is the busiest time of the year and he will still be getting started, therefore he will not be able to make it. :( I'm not too happy about it, however I am SO excited to see my family!
So, that is the update. Still not really any pictures. I put some on facebook every once in a while. But I will have some from my Cali trip, so until then!!
3 comments:
yay you updated! Lane's job sounds cool it's not the average everyday job you hear about! Sucks though he'll be gone alot and not be able to go to cali with you! Boooo!
Sorry you'll be apart for Christmas, but I get to see you, right!?! Are you staying through my moms party?
Congrats on the degree! You rock!!!
What a great picture of you two! Glad we got some Jannica time at Christmas - sorry Lane! Sorry it was an interesting trip home too! Have a great new year.
Love,
Aunt Kandy
Post a Comment