Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 2010

Like I said before, I went home for Christmas to California with out Lane. He stayed in Wenatchee and worked. Lane didn't feel like he had much of a Christmas, but I had a wonderful time with my family. sorry Lane!! It would have made the trip better if he were there but this is all the fun that I got to do:
Spend time with my siblings (mostly the bros). Finally see my best friend Jenna (who got engaged!!~~getting married on April 10th!!yay). Eat at In'n'out 4 times. Christmas eve/day. Make Dad the infamous "CANDY APPLE STEERINGWHEEL" (running joke in family--for every holiday/birthday that I can remember we would ask what we were getting and dad said "a candy apple steering wheel"...what the heck is that? Well...we finally made him one!). Go to So.Cal. Visit Laguna, Balboa, and Venice Beach. Go to Hollywood. Visit with the Mitchell side and play with my cousins. Visit with the Warr/Foster fam...meet my new adorable cousin Max (Amy and Mark's baby)...Find out BRAD AND BECKY are pregnant!!! hurray!...See my long-lost Stewart family cousins...and go to Kandy's 60th birthday party!!
And on the way back (New year's eve) got stuck in Seattle. I had 3 flights, 2 delays..3rd flight-flew into Wenatchee, didn't land, turned around and flew back to Seattle. I was not a happy camper.


Needless to say, I made it home and got back to the norm. Lane didn't miss out on everything though!!
Christmas present from my parents:

+ =!!!
That's right! We're going to Hawaii with the family Feb. 14-21! Lane has never been, I've been once, and we're soooo very excited!
MEANWHILE:
-Lane is doing well at his new job. He has been getting some good contacts and has received a few calls (commission for him :D)
-My AA from BYU-Idaho that I was so excited about...didn't transfer!! Arghh. Wenatchee Valley College satellites the elementary education program through Central Washington, however since BYUI is a private school, it was not on Central's list of degree transfers. So by June I have to take 30 credits to get an AA from Wenatchee Valley, get a 3.0, pass a test, and be accepted (however they only accept 25 people every 2 years!!) Tough luck. So if I don't get on, I'm just going to do preschool or something. I am annoyed.
Well since I am terrible at updating now, I will probably update again after Hawaii!!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

sorry about the transfer thing...that stinks. have fun in hawaii. your update was great.

The Stewart Stuff said...

Transfers are a nightmare! I have many stories about that and the 4 colleges I attended. :0(

I'm so glad I got to hang out with you, even though we did miss Lane! Love ya!!!

erin said...

good to get caught up with the larsons a little bit! sorry about your transfer, it seems so many people have problems when they do it--it sucks. i feel bad for you guys! good luck though! where is your friend getting married? james' bro is getting married in the sac temple april 10th.

Lee&Michelle said...

looks like you had tons of fun! and you'll be having even more fun in hawaii!!! how awesome! so totally lame they won't accept your AA my freakin' gosh i'd be dang annoyed too!

kandy said...

Thanks for the pictures and updates. Sure was good to have you here and we missed Lane. Sorry for the crazy trip home but you will have a great time in Hawaii - it doesn't snow there!
Aunt Kandy