I finally decided to go to a chiropracter, which I had been avoiding because I had never been. Well he could easily feel swelling and tension in my lower back and on the whole left side. He showed me pictures of spines like this one:
He took xrays and adjusted my hip and told me to come back the next day. Well they mentioned there would be soreness from the adjustment, but it just hurt more and more. I went back to look at the xrays and my 5th lumbar vertabrae is pushed forward kind of like in the picture. And the little tip thing on the lumbar isn't really there for some reason (he said I was probably born that way, however my mom said I got xrays when I was little and that didn't show up like that). My left hip is more narrow than my right and is pushed outward. So of course that's where the strain and swelling is coming from. How I'm supposed to fix it? I don't know. What did I do to make it hurt all of the sudden? I have no idea. Will I most likely have problems with it for the rest of my life? Yes. Am I scared to get pregnant now because I'll probably be on bedrest all the time? Definitely. He wants me to go back more and get my hip adjusted but if that won't fix it, then I feel like it's just going to keep adding up and be a waste. So I don't know what the heck to do besides ice it, and take vicodin. The end.
4 comments:
Geez Jannica! I'm so sorry. First TMJ and now this. I really hope they can fix it for you. I'm trying to send you all my good vibes!!
oh pookie! i'm sorry!that really sucks! like anyone needs more pain to deal with when being pregnant! i'd be scared to get pregnant too!i'll send all my good vibes your way too!!! get better!
Oh, my! I guess we partied too hard in CA and broke your back! :0P
Get well my friend! Love ya!!!
I have a strong belief that by strengthening muscles around sore areas you will eliminate the pain becasue strong muscles will hold things in their proper place. I have super bad back pain that will go all the way down my leg and into my foot. I have some stretches that will help, but things like pilates help build your core and hold things in their proper place. Jenna's uncle is a holistic type of chiropracter and he might be someone better to talk to about it.
Post a Comment