I have been getting my hopes up and being denied over and over with my college education. To sum up, I was put on academic probation at BYU-Idaho, pushing my two-year degree to about 3yrs. Then when I received my AA from there, CWU didn't recognize it as a degree because it was from a "private school" in another state. So with lack of motivation and a few thousand bucks I took 30 random credits to receive a second AA from Wenatchee Valley College so that I could get into the program at CWU. Keep in mind, this program starts only every 2 years, accepting only 25 people from Wenatchee..which brings me to this past week. I needed to retain a 3.0gpa from my last 45 credits. They posted the grades this week, and I had a 3.05 from Wenatchee! I did it! (or so I thought). I strategically planned my 30 credits so that I would be done, meeting all the class requirements for the program. I had taken a math class at BYUI that is labeled the same as the one at Wenatchee, but the curriculum was slightly off. Central's required math class from Wenatchee didn't match up with BYUI, so I received an email saying that I did not take the math class and I wouldn't be able to get into the program. I made sure before I signed up for classes that I would not need to take this math class, otherwise why wouldn't I have taken it? sheesh! I quickly deleted my status on Facebook that said that I was in. Well my sweet husband who saw how frustrated and stressed I was told me everything would be fine, and that we would sue if they didn't clear it. We went in the next day to figure it out and "Oh, this kind of thing happens all the time...we will be able to clear it." (This was basically the outcome of meeting with a few counselors). SO...I guess I'm in finally!
I would like to thank my husband for basically doing everything to help me continue my education. I have wanted to give up so many times. I am now ready for the next 6 quarters to receive my teaching degree! I could not have done it with out Lane, and I am grateful to have him as my support. It will hopefully only have taken me 6 years to get my Bachelor's (I guess 5, not counting the one I was out of school for). But I can say now that I have two Associate's degrees, and I am an Elementary Education major. :)
PS. I have also qualified for a couple grants that will pay for my school basically in full, which definitely makes up for the random 30 credits I had to take. Talk about being blessed!
4 comments:
YAY! So excited for you! Congrats. Hard work ALWAYS pays off :)
good luck jannica!
Wow - what a saga! But so worth it! Another teacher in the family would be great - you'll love it. Just keep going - the reward is totally worth it in the end! ;)
woohoo congratulations!
Post a Comment