Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pre-Autumn Experience

I could go on and on about my experience these past few weeks, and could nearly write a novel about each one of my little second graders. My mentor teacher was fabulous! She truly mentored me from the beginning--explaining everything she was doing, and provided me with a file of activity sheets to start out a school year. We have a small class (18 students) and they are so wonderful! I am not a morning person by any means, and every night I felt so exhausted and wanted to sleep in; however, when my alarm went off each morning I honestly and willingly got up and ready so that I could go hang out with those lil' kiddos. I have become so attached. They threw me a little party on my last day and made me a book of some very thoughtful notes, which I will cherish forever. I hope to do my student teaching in this classroom and I will continue to go in so I can see them progress (and to see their adorable little faces). This was such a great experience for me. It gave me hope and I believe was what I needed.





Photobucket

2 comments:

Eric and Tammy Mitchell said...

so cute

Dahlia said...

I'm glad you had as awesome a time as I did, Jannica -- the BEST three weeks of our entire education, right?