Friday, December 14, 2012

Week 22: Papaya

 Our baby is the size of a papaya!
How many weeks? 22 Weeks
Gender: Boy!
Maternity clothes? I still wear my jeans/bottoms but I need to start shopping for more tops.
Sleep: When I do sleep, I sleep great. However, I am starting to get really uncomfortable already, and I already miss laying on my stomach!
Symptoms: Growing, cramping, back aches, bladder being kicked, gagging, inability to form sentences, movement, constant heartburn/acid reflux, etc.
Best moment this week: Every time I feel little man move; which is all the time! I still just smile and am so amazed by the whole experience. Also, finding out Kim is having...a boy! We all thought she was going to have a girl. It will be fun having a boy cousin (Kim's) and a girl cousin (Britt's) the same age, and another boy cousin only a year and a half older (Erin's).
Movement: We definitely have an active child on his way! I'm obsessed with feeling him kick/punch/jump/throw/squirm/dance, or whatever it is he's doing in there. So much fun! I found out piano music puts him to sleep, but he likes to dance to other music. Around 9pm he starts showing off...which means I will need to train him on when it's ok for "wild time" and when it's not ok when he makes his debut.
Food cravings: Just food.
Belly Button in or out? In but for not much longer!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Names: Kobe. We are 99% sure we're going with Kobe. As far as middle names go, we've talked about Dale. Lane likes the name Jay, but for a first name- I could do Jay for a middle name but not first. Sooo, Kobe Dale Larson?
Nesting/Preparations? What have you done? We cleared out the nursery but we've been throwing stuff in there lately so that's on my list of things to do again. So far we've just looked at nursery ideas online. Colors we've decided on are bright blue & green (Lane says Seahawks colors), and white. I would like a splash of orange. I'm thinking stripes with white wainscoting. My mom is coming in February to help!
Looking forward to: Christmas, my mama coming to help with the nursery, and baby shower!
 
*Side note: The doctors found a Choroid Plexus Cyst on little man's brain in the 20 week ultrasound. He told me not to worry about it (how can I not?) because these cysts usually go away by themselves around 24 to 26 weeks. He said it's about the size of his thumbnail; which he also said is small, and again, not to worry. He just wanted us to be aware of it because they will keep an eye on it. When I got off the phone with him I had to look it up and read more about it of course, because how can I just not worry? After reading about them, I understand they are common and that they usually go away by themselves. They are also found on healthy children and adults. Worst-case scenario, it could be a "soft marker" for Down Syndrome. I'm trying not to stress about it because everything else was perfect in his growth and development, and I love him so much already, no matter what, but I just pray that he will continue to grow healthy and strong. We are getting another ultrasound at the end of the month or beginning of January to check up on him. On the plus side, we get to see him move around again!
 

1 comment:

The Stewart Stuff said...

Keep us posted. You are looking so darn cute!!!