Sunday, February 10, 2013

Week 30

I like the fruit comparison for this next week, so our baby is the size of a pineapple.
Everything is still measuring on track based off of my doctor's appointment this week so our little monkey is about 3.5lbs and about 16 inches long. He should have the strength to grasp a finger -which I crave- and his brain is developing all those wrinkles - which makes him a genius, right? He is supposed to be growing about .5lbs a week now and that just seems so crazy but I'm already feeling that growth! The ballooning up has now begun. ~eeek!~
 
I passed my glucose screening last time, but the doctor finally diagnosed my anemia. I have felt that I've been a little anemic for quite a few years now but this is the first time it was noticed I guess because my iron was really low. He put me on a double dose of iron every day, so hopefully that will improve, and maybe I'll have a little bit more energy during these next 10 weeks since energy levels tend to decrease in the last leg of pregnancy. I'm still serving at Red Robin 20-30 hours a week, and I'm sure my hours will decrease in the next month but I plan on working up until the end of March if I can. We'll see how that goes!
 
Week 29/30 has been extra awesome because my mom has been here! I always knew my mom was a majorly crafty, talented artist, but she continues to amaze me! She can walk into a room and have a vision (or multiple visions) of what it could be. She kept asking for my opinions and ideas but I think her creative mind intimidates me, and I just like everything she comes up with. We got right to painting the first day she was here! (We also couldn't have done it without Lane's help).
I knew I wanted stripes, monkeys, and somewhat Seahawks colors, so her vision continued...
..and of course we needed a little sports added to the room...
...and she trusted me to do a monkey by myself! I think it turned out pretty cute considering I've never painted anything like that on a wall.
Enter the furniture...
...and another one of my mom's many talents: the bedding.
And we have a nursery!
And we got a little spoiled at the baby shower (which I'll post about later). Now there's just a few details left, such as: shelves, curtains, and my mom is sewing the bed skirt, a closet door, and a few other things, but we're ready for him!
I cannot express my gratitude enough for everything my mom has done to help! I couldn't have pictured a more perfect nursery for our little monkey. Now hopefully Kobe doesn't come out hating or having a fear of monkeys!
 

3 comments:

The Stewart Stuff said...

Oh, the memories that just brought racing back! Our mom's have so much in common. We did the exact same thing. Those Warr ladies are amazing. It looks great!!! You look great, too. I had anemia and crunching on ice was a must for me!

Eric and Tammy Mitchell said...

You made me cry

amy said...

Wow! Great work you guys! That is the cutest nursery ever! Aunt Tammy you amaze me! And Jannica you look so cute!