Friday, March 8, 2013

Week 34 (or 35.5?!)

 Yesterday we had our 34 week checkup. It was the first appointment where I actually had questions. In the last couple weeks I have been told by a few different people that it looked like I "dropped." I have been having a ton of Braxton Hicks contractions and there is definitely more pressure lower in my pelvis. I've also been told that I look small whenever people ask how far along I am. I started to get a little curious if things are normal. So anyway, my doctor asked about cramping/contractions and I said that I have a lot of the Braxton Hicks. He asked about how many I get a day (8? 10? 12?). ~This is why I was curious~ I get way more than that! In the time that we got to the waiting room and in to see him I had at least 5, and then 2 more as he was asking me about them...and that's about how every other hour goes for me throughout a day. He then decided it'd be a good idea to check my cervix. It was measuring normal but he said where it's at now and with how many contractions I'm having, I may be a little early. He also said my stomach was measuring pretty small (and I hadn't mentioned that yet). So he ordered an ultrasound as soon as they could to check baby's size. His heartbeat was normal at least!
 
Today we had our ultrasound. I haven't heard what our doctor has to say yet, but the radiologist said he is actually measuring about 9 days early! She said our doctor might not change the due date but his weight and measurements as of now put him at April 10th rather than the 19th. He weighs about 5lbs 11oz (+-13oz). I was expecting her to say that he is small, since my stomach was considered on the small side. She just said it's probably because he is pushed down so low. We saw his little eyelashes, and she pointed out that he has some hair; which I couldn't really decipher. She reconfirmed that he is still a boy! She was trying to get some good pictures of his face but we have a wiggler! This is his chubby little face, and to me it looks like he's glaring. It's not a smooth picture but at least one of his eyes/eyelashes and nose are pretty clear (top of his head to the right- looks like he's laying on his back with his head turned to the side).
 We got our stroller/car seat! We're pretty ready for him to be here. I am starting to feel pretty miserable, so my thoughts are usually "Okay, Kobe, you can come anytime now," but when I really think about what is actually happening in 5+ weeks, I start having moments of 'freak out.' When we found out we were pregnant in August, it was warm and softball was going on. That feels like forever ago. But when I consider the time we have left, this whole pregnancy has gone by incredibly fast! I cannot wait to hold him though, and give him loves and watch him grow.
 Daddy decided to make his little guy a monkey baby blanket!
Turned out pretty cute and comfy!
 And we added curtains to his room. Now we just need some shelves and we're all set!
 
Photobucket

5 comments:

Brittani said...

Yay! I love him so much already! He looks so chubby and cute giving you the stink eye. So cute of lane to make a blanket :) love you guys!

Brittani said...

Yay! I love him so much already! He looks so chubby and cute giving you the stink eye. So cute of lane to make a blanket :) love you guys!

Eric and Tammy Mitchell said...

Good job Lane, I'm so impressed that you actually finished the blanket. turned out good. Can't wait to kiss those chubby cheeks..

Lee&Michelle said...

That ultrasound pic is amazing! I've never seen one like that with eyes open! crazy and even crazier your going to have a baby in 5 weeks or less! ahhhh so excited for you and totally impressed with lanes quilting skills! awesome!

Jenna said...

oh how exciting jannica! so your due date is my anniversary now! can you believe i was smaller then him when i was born! crazy! i cant wait to meet him and see you!! the blanket is darling and his room is perfect!