Friday, April 5, 2013

Week 38 and Waiting...

I officially hate the waiting game (already). I stopped working a week ago and this week I did okay filling my time but I don't have much planned for the coming week, and I'm starting to go crazy. I'm not feeling crafty or motivated to clean/start projects. I can go on walks, but that only fills so much time in my day. I don't do well not being able to work! My doctor hasn't checked my cervix for a couple weeks so I don't know if I'm dilated more than 1cm (not that it matters), but I think I would feel more motivated if I knew. My appointment today was disappointing to me. I guess I was just hoping for an update down there, but there's nothing new to report. I know I still have 2 weeks until my due date, but if nothing happens this weekend then I'm trying everything "in the books" to get this kiddo out!
 
The other day my bishop at church was asking me how things were going, and asked me if I knew what a turkey popper was (I didn't because I've never cooked a turkey, nor have I paid attention). He was basically referring to my belly button as a turkey popper, saying that it's popped so that must mean I'm ready! It was pretty funny how he said it. I do have a crazy outtie. I swear it sticks out 4 inches!
I'm not a fan of the bare-belly pictures but I just have to show the weird shape of my belly and "turkey popper"...it looks like puckered lips.
 This is a much more attractive picture of my turkey popper.
My contractions are getting stronger; more pressure in my pelvis. Acid reflux is in full power. He's still practicing his ninja moves. I have my hospital bag ready. His car seat base is strapped in and ready to go. Lane is just as anxious as ever, asking every hour if I'm going into labor yet. Let the waiting game continue... Bleh!
 
PS.
My sister and her husband had their baby, Reagan Lynn Cooper on March 22nd! She was 10lbs2oz! I am so excited to have a blood niece, and I'm dying to hold her. I just love her so much already. I can't wait to meet her in person! Congrats Britt and Mike!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Eric and Tammy Mitchell said...

Ha Ha Gobble Gobble, you make me laugh Jannica. I can't stop

Lee&Michelle said...

Lol I love how much your belly button sticks out haha man I hate the waiting game too it only makes it worse when hubby asks all the time and I had to disappoint him and say no not yet....still no....still no. ugh I'm sending you all my good go into labor early vibes!

The Potter Family said...

You can do it!
It is totally terrible though, trying to wait. I can remember that part clearly!
I love belly pictures. And especially loved that side view! I can't wait for Kobe to be here.

Jodie said...

What an exciting time. And Reagan is a cutie!

Jodie said...

Can't wait to see pictures of Kobe when he gets here.