Alright, I am ready for this baby to get here! I'm sure everyone around me is ready too, mostly to get me to stop whining. Well okay... we're all anxious to meet her! I am officially on maternity leave and it's getting to me mentally. I am totally and completely uncomfortable. As of a week ago (36weeks) I was dilated to a 1 and 50% effaced. That could mean I have until my due date still, but it could also mean any day now! I feel like we're getting close. I don't have as much strength and energy to walk all those miles that I walked prior to having Kobe, though.
34 weeks
35 weeks
36 weeks
I clean my house basically every day-- so that when it comes time to go to the hospital, I could potentially come home to a clean house. My hospital bag is packed. I am ready. I think I'm more anxious this round; which is kind of weird since I know what's coming-- except I don't know what's coming. What if everything is completely different? My water broke with Kobe in the middle of the night, and I didn't have painful contractions until I got to the hospital and they gave me Pitocin. Then I had back labor and 12 hours after getting to the hospital, one hour of pushing, Kobe was here. Not that any of that was easy, but that was easy. I could do that again. My contractions are totally different with this pregnancy though. I hurt in different places. I have a harder time breathing. Am I going to be out in public if my water breaks? Am I going to have to judge it all based off of my contractions and timing them because my water won't break? This is what is stressing me out and I have too much time on my hands to think about it all.
I also have too much time on my hands to dwell on the fact that Kobe is turning into a big boy. It makes me so sad (probably extra sad because this baby girl is giving me extra doses of hormones). I just stare at him all day, sometimes on the verge of tears because he's growing up. Stop it! I am, however, enjoying all this one-on-one time with him. He's getting to be so talkative and is figuring things out. It's so entertaining. He's still so snuggly and sweet and silly. I hope he stays that way!
Fort building
Two-day stretch of potty training success
Avoiding potty training...pooping behind the blinds
Nesting when Mommy nests
Practicing for being a big brother
Trying on my clothes...he was wearing my bra as a hat and then it got stuck
My favorite.
Reorganizing the pantry
Milkshakes at Mommy's work
Puttin' on my makeup
Getting the mail
This kid loves "am-bar-gurs"...he annihilates McDonald's cheeseburgers!
As with other differences in my pregnancies, my appetite is definitely different too. With Kobe all I wanted to eat were burgers and pizza. With this one I have a major sweet tooth! I can't get enough fruit and smoothies-- peaches mostly, apricots, mango, strawberries. I could live off of it. I love candy and goodies and I've always been more of a salt lover. I also crave salads (not necessarily healthy)-- and along with that, bleu cheese dressing; which I could eat by the spoon full. So weird how different two growing human beings can affect your body. I never really had one of those crazy pregnancy cravings you hear about: chalk, dirt, pickles with peanut butter, soap, etc... but I discovered my first just last week... WINDEX. I love the smell as it is but the last couple times I smelled it I felt the need to bust out a straw. Screw the straw, I wanted to chug it! So.odd.
Anyway, my baby shower is planned for next week, August 11th. I am hoping baby Ella comes before that, but with a couple days to recover and make it for a "Meet the Baby Shower." I'd also be okay with her coming that night or the following too. I'm just ready!
I keep finding unnecessary things to do to fill my days, like making this tutu for my predetermined photo shoot of Ella Leona. And painting my nails so they look fresh.
We've been able to go swimming with some of my friends each week. Kobe's warming up to swimming finally!
Last day of work at the Dirty Bird
Hit my first bird. It was in slow motion and made me want to vomit.
Lots of family time!









































2 comments:
Your so cute
I love this whole post! Totally understand the overthinking of the what ifs and hows of going into labor...it still gives me anxiety! haha and oh my heck Jannica the bird Killer!!! Let me just say LOL to that. I hope you gave it a proper burial and said a prayer. hahahahaha
Post a Comment