So I guess I didn't mention what they did in my surgery. They basically dug out the cage and grafting they put in the first time, replaced the screws in the back, and also went in through the front, added a new cage and a protein called "Infuze" that stimulates bone growth, and added 4 more screws and a plate in the front. So this is what the hardware look like now.
She is such a girl
And he is such a boy
This is one of Kobe's best friends, Gavin Gunderson. They do preschool together and have become buddies.
First real snow day as a family
Lane stumbled upon a job opportunity this fall and decided to go for it. He started this new career in December as a Risk Manager for an insurance company called, Clear Risk Solutions. It is based out of Ephrata (about an hour drive). Basically the company services the state of WA, and has 5 risk pools. His job is to go around to those pools and do visits, inspections, and manages their risk/loss prevention. He has room to grow, had a great offer with great benefits, and he will be out of town more but the company is very family-oriented so he will be home more (versus the on call 24/7). He has holidays off and more vacation. It was just a great opportunity and good timing for him and our family. We are very grateful that it came up and that they offered him this job-- a position that they're building around him.
Kobe wrote his letter to Santa at Daddy's office because Santa paid a visit to their company family Christmas party later that day, so he handed it to him personally.
Decorated for Christmas the day before Thanksgiving...but hey, it made the December blog.
Little girl is so tempted with the ornaments and pretty lights and beads.
Painted Granny Ella's fingernails
We went over to Silverdale and spent time with our friends, the Nobles.
Little elves craft
The Hesselgessers came over to Wenatchee one weekend before Christmas and we hung out in Leavenworth. It was a winter wonderland! We went on a fun sleigh ride while it was snowing, too.
Tate and Kobe making their "lists"
Oh this sweet daddy and his sweet kids
Kobe loves his daddy
Devin graduated from ASU!!! I was so bummed I didn't get to go to Arizona to celebrate with my family. I am so proud of him! He is doing some prerequisites and will be applying for dental schools. Fingers crossed he ends up in Washington!
Kobe had a Christmas cookie decorating party with some of his friends
This is Ella's way of saying sorry. She rests her head on whoever's head she's apologizing to.
Ella was not a fan of Santa this year.
Lane and I have thrown "Ugly Christmas Sweater" parties a few times in the last 5 years, and a couple of them included karaoke; which was a hit. Since the whole "Ugly Christmas Sweater" thing has now become a fad I decided to do the party but have it "Christmas PJs" themed. The Edwards were very kind to let us host it at their home. Karaoke was a hit again!
Goofballs.
Leaving Santa cookies and milk, and carrots for the reindeer.
Santa always left our family a letter and it always started the same. My sister and I started a family group text with my dad, asking how the letter should go because we couldn't quite remember past, "HoHoHo and a WoWoWo! I said Wo! You ding blasted, good fer nothin' reindeer..." It was fun to reminisce and talk about what Santa has to say to each of our kids. Boy, these kids sure got spoiled!
Kobe asked Santa for a "motorcycle" so he got a "motorcycle bicycle." Can't wait for spring when he can ride it outside!
Lane got us matching outfits for church. And matching jammies. Well done, Lane!
I hadn't seen my roommates Mandi and Michelle together since we all lived in Rexburg (2009?). They are both from Spokane and we were finally able to plan a time to get together when they were both there and I could just pop on over. It was like nothing ever changed except added babies and added weight! It was so much fun to catch up with them. I was intimidated by their high school friendship when I blindly moved into their dorm our freshman year, but I instantly felt like I was one of them that first night. I am so grateful for their friendships.
Lane got me a nice camera for Christmas!! I am so excited to take a photography class and learn more and practice more. I obviously had fun with it the first few weeks...
We had such an incredible year, celebrating a 3 year old, and a 1 year old, many vacations, outings on the river, and starting a new career. Even though my back surgery created more bills, and stress, and pretty well put a damper on my fall/winter, I can now look back on it and see that it was just a hiccup in the year. I was once again reminded how blessed I am to have the friends and family I do, and the gospel in our lives and how wonderful people are and how quick to serve they are. I love my family so much!














No comments:
Post a Comment