Tuesday, June 12, 2012

CWU Graduation 2012

I am very proud to say that I am a college graduate with a Bachelor's in Elementary Education. It took me a couple years longer than I was planning but with taking time to get married and transferring schools across states, I still made it! I have had so much support, especially from my husband. He pushed me to finish and I don't believe I would have without him. I am so grateful that I did, and that I had the wonderful cohort to go through the program with.
I have built so many great memories and friendships with this group of awesome teachers. I am proud of us all! I have made one friend, in particular, who stuck with me the whole time. Sunnie's husband was deployed (Marines) for the majority of our 2year program. We have been each other's support. We became friends instantly because we were both young and married, have many of the same values, a lot of the same pet peeves and are OCD about similar things, and we have very similar personalities and senses of humor. She has been a huge support and example to me, we have spent many, many hours together, and we have become great, life-long friends out of these two years!
I couldn't have finished without the support from my family either. My parents have listened to me vent, complain, and brag. My in-laws-- the same-- as well as helped me financially. All these great people came to celebrate this milestone in my life with me (not to mention, sat through the freezing ceremony for 2 hours)! Thanks for every one's encouraging words, support, questions, and advice. I can't thank you enough.

**My brothers told me they wouldn't be coming because Devin was just finishing his semester in Hawaii and it would be tough to move all his belongings to Washington and then California, and Trevor had to work and couldn't afford it. I completely understood! BUT...I was at school celebrating my last day with my 2nd graders and my brothers completely surprised me! I am SO happy they were able to come! We were all extra bummed that Britt wasn't able to make it...life called and it was expensive.
I wanted change with my hair after I graduated. I wanted my long hair for pictures with my cap and gown and then two days later I chopped it off! It was getting so long and hot and heavy and would get caught on things. As long as I've waited for it to get to its length, and as pretty as it was (sometimes), I just had to get rid of it. I figured since I had so much of it (11+ inches), I might as well donate it to Locks of Love so that somebody who'd appreciate it could use it rather than tossing it! It feels so much better and I love it! Now bring on the summer!
**More pictures to come of my awesome grad party and time with my family**

For those of you wondering about my plans: I do not have a job lined up. I am going on vacation and then I have Girl's Camp, so after those 2 weeks I plan to go back full time to Red Robin and see what's available. I know there are openings, but it is pretty competitive. I plan to apply for whatever in K-8 though, and for now just turn in my Substitute application so that I can try to get my foot in the door. I need to find the happy-medium because if I'm too good a sub, they'll want to keep me as a sub; which is fine but there just aren't any benefits. Now I just need to practice my interviewing skills. ~eeek!~
Photobucket

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Congrats cousin! It's a fine accomplishment. Good luck on the job search.

Lee&Michelle said...

Congratulations!!!! Such an awesome accomplishment! You did it!!!

The Fosters said...

Congratulations! Way to go! We are proud of you! Enjoy some free time!