Wednesday, July 8, 2015

The Summer of an Emotional Whirlpool cont'd...

Following the difficult couple of weeks we had a mini family vacation to Coulee Dam, Sunbanks Lake with Lane's family. It was our last hoorah before Erin and her family moved to Chicago, celebrating Faith's birthday and Father's Day. 
Lane is such a wonderful father. He was truly born to be one. I am so blessed to have him. He loves Kobe so much and has created a bond with him that can't be broken or matched. I admire him.
I have been wanting a minivan since before I met Lane even. The desire has grown and turned into a selfish need after back surgery and being pregnant with baby #2. I would of course love a brand new one with all the amenities there are to offer, but I decided to push for getting one sooner rather than later. Lane recognized my selfish need and found us one to trade my car in for. I paid off my car a few months ago so we don't owe much. 
Meet "Red"
She's a 2007 Nissan Quest. I love her. She so comfortable, drives smoothly, and has enough features to satisfy my need! We got her just in time for our 9+ hour drive to Idaho. 
Lane played in Spokane Hoopfest again this year but being that it was 109° and having an active two-year-old while being 8 months pregnant I decided to opt out this year. My birthday fell on the same weekend, but Lane still spoiled me and got me the Adirondack chairs that I've also been wanting for years. Ranzy, Kobe and I went up to Lake Chelan for a couple hours and she treated me to dinner as well, and then Vicki made me a delicious chocolate cake with the family when Lane got home the next day. 
The day after my birthday, Wenatchee decided to catch on fire again. This one was too close to our house. I was up all night checking for updates and looking out the windows, as houses within a mile or two were evacuating. The fire burned  3,000 acres and 28 homes were destroyed.
On the plus side, baby Ella's room is just about finished and now that my mom made her beautiful, amazing bedding, we are ready for her! I'll feel comfortable with her coming any time once I hit 35 weeks (I'm at 33 now). Don't be stubborn little girl! :)
 

No comments: