Summer has just begun and we have had so many ups and downs: deaths including tragedies, birthdays, a new car (mini van), family vacations, basketball tournaments, baby preparations, Lane being crazy busy with work, family moving across the country, our valley on fire, etc. There's only so much this very pregnant mama can handle, so hopefully we can all take it easy the next month or so, in this 100° weather, until the little miss comes.
We lost an amazing man on June 7th, Lane's grandpa, John Rex Helton. He quietly observed and enjoyed his family he loves so much and his pride for them beamed through his eyes. His memory was sharp so when he opened his mouth to speak, the room always grew quiet to hear his awesome stories. He was a very humble, honorable, kind, talented, hard-working, respectable and loving man. I will miss those big hands and wet cheek kisses that came in multiples of 8. Rex's (Popo's) legacy will live on and he is missed greatly.
On June 12th I received a phone call from my mom, relaying the most difficult news I have ever dealt with. My beautiful cousin Amy, her husband Mark, their 15yr old son Tanner, and 12yr old daughter Ellie died in a plane crash. Their 5yr old son Max, truly by a miracle from God, survived the crash. His seat was found 20ft away from the wreckage. There is no other explanation than an act of God. They have two other surviving sons, Zane (17) who was on foreign exchange in Germany, and their oldest son Porter (19) who is serving a mission in Kiribati of the Marshall Islands. I will never forget the shock and pain in hearing this news. The devastation is still here. I wasn't able to attend their beautiful funeral but I was able to be with the family at our family reunion last week. I had a difficult time every time I looked at little Miracle Max, Zane, my cousins, and my aunt and uncle's faces. Because I wasn't there at the funeral, I felt like the reunion was my time to mourn with them, but I hid behind my sunglasses because I wanted it to be a happy time. They are such a strong family, and it is because of our knowledge of God's plan of salvation and eternal families that we have all been able to push through this. I can't even imagine the pain they are feeling, as I feel mine is through the roof. What a loss this has been. I am so grateful for my family.
Amy, Mark, Tanner and Ellie were all such amazing people individually. There is not a negative thing that could be said about them, that by anyone in the many communities that knew them or that I can think of. They touched so many lives and can all be described as charitable, loving, kind, compassionate, spiritual, happy and lively. As close to perfect as you can get. There is so much more to be said about this family.
This is Miracle Max. It breaks my heart to see him. He's a trooper and still makes people laugh even at this extremely difficult time.
I still can't believe they're gone.




















No comments:
Post a Comment